Highlights from this past week in the Northeast Kingdom

Wild Turkey 25 in Westmore
Barred Owl on Wood Warbler Way (our road in Westmore)
Northern Shrike 1 on Hudson Road in Chareston and 1 on Burton Hill Road in Barton
photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rstymeist/6767262785/in/photostream/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/rstymeist/6767263695/in/photostream
Bohemian Waxwing- one on May Pond Road in Barton- earlier that day the owner of the house reported a "tree loaded with crested birds"
photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rstymeist/6767263423/in/photostream
Snow Bunting- two flocks at tradional locations on May Pond Road in Barton- one with 65 and the other with at minimum 165 individuals
photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rstymeist/6767263071/in/photostream/
White-winged Crossbill- two groups totalling 10 at Wenlock WMA
many flocks of Pine Siskins throughout the area- a species that is quite uncommon this winter in Massachusetts

Over the weekend I was pleased to meet many birders who I see on this list at the Montshire Museum for the Vermont County Quest. Thanks to Kent and Chris of the Vermont Center for Ecostudies for a very nice and informative afternoon.

Bob Stymeist and Martha Steele
Westmore VT and Arlington, MA