On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Justin Woods <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 12:23:29 -0500, Michael Taub
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure about writing about this, as the skiing is awful, but I
> >have to share this quote from a local ski area about conditions today:
> >
> >> but thepacked powder on our 33 groomed trails is indeed still
> >> plentiful.
>

> "Packed powder" is a stale and worn-out, yet tried-and-true euphemism for
> ex-powder.
>
> As you, or someone else mentioned, in a previous post, the areas (Smuggs)
> must be getting desperate to open some of this stuff up.  And the caution
> against going into the woods is certainly warranted.
>
> BUT it is filling in in there.  Chicken Littles and Eyores ought to stop
> comparing
> us with Tahoe because it's so unflattering.

Hey!  This Eeyore proclaims this the best weekend of the season.  Saturday
was glorious spring conditions and sunday was at least carveable and much
better than expected.  I was glas to finally be skiing difficult terrain.

But don't worry, it will rain again soon.  Tut tut.

 And I didn't finish the argument because arguing on the internet is
pointless, but I love smuggs liberal opening policy, and I stand by my
statement that they have been this way for years, not just this one.