Welcome back!

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Michael Taub <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
yay!

On Jan 11, 2012, at 10:26 AM, Matthew Kulas wrote:

After picking up my custom-fit Townsend Premier brace on Monday, I met up with Patrick H. last night to test out my new right ACL on the slopes of the famed and mighty Mt. Wachusett.

We started out with the precipitous Ralph's Run and I had enough confidence in my knee that I was able to straight-line some of the narrower sections.  A successful first run under my belt, we gave the heart-pounding Challenger a try--with Patrick taking a run in the nasty GS that they had set for reeb league.  Perhaps a little scared, but thirsting for more challenge, we moved over to the stratospheric, summit-bound Polar Express lift.  From the dizzying heights, we repeatedly tempted fate, and risked life and limb on Smith Walton, Connifer Connection, & 10th Mountain.  The snow surface was an outstanding loose granular.  The knee felt good, especially when I opened it up a little, and tilted the SL skis up on edge.  That said, it will probably be awhile before my confidence in knee is completely restored.

Patrick and I rewarded ourselves for our arduous efforts with satisfying reebs at the Black Diamond Pub.

It was good to finally be back on skis.

--Matt K.