Okay, so this is a new version of an old problem.  There are ways to
remove the PGP components that we don't want in the product.  If I
recall correctly, the procedure is to modify the registry here:

HKLM\Software\PGP Corporation\PGP\
(or HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\PGP Corporation\PGP\ or 64-bit Windows)

where you will disable the mail-related components of PGP by setting the
DWORD entries for "PGP_INSTALL_LSP", "PGP_INSTALL_MAPI",
"PGP_INSTALL_MAPI_PLUGIN", "PGP_INSTALL_GROUPWISE", and
"PGP_INSTALL_NOTES" to "0".  You then need to re-install PGP from the
command line following the directions here:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH149071&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1330443464699
<http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH149071&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1330443464699>

I will try to put together a script and installer that will take care of
these steps automatically.  This will treat the symptoms without
addressing the actual problem, which is that your PGP Client likely is
not communicating with the PGP Universal Server to get fresh policy.  If
it were, the client would be informed to disable the mail component, and
you would not be seeing this error.  However, treating the root cause
will require us to open a support case with PGP, and again we likely
would need to borrow the affected computer for a bit, so I am content to
simply find a workaround for the problem if that works for you.

-Greg