Andrew,

Hmm.  Tried wiping the settings with no luck.

There doesn't seem to be a service manager folder on them.  Not sure if
it's because it hasn't gotten far enough to create one in the first
place or if CS4 didn't use it...

Any other thoughts?  Anything specific to CS4?

David,

Looks like from what I read that you'd get a different error if the
problem related to Rosetta.  And there it's that it needs to be turned
off, only an issue if these had been upgrades.  Both of these are newer
systems that came with Lion on them already.

Unfortunately I don't have any other CS4 apps on them to try.

-Bryan