I mostly use Thunderbird, but use Webmail when I am away from my own
home and office computers, for example over in the classrooms. I'm
having problems managing deleted messages. Messages I delete in
Thunderbird show up in the Inbox in Webmail (marked as deleted), and I
can't get rid of them. I tried emptying the Trash in Webmail, and that
removed them from the Trash folder, yet they still show up, marked as
deleted, in the Webmail Inbox. I can't find a Purge Deleted option
anywhere -- it does not show up in the Other dropdown. The Filter
dropdown does have a Don't Show -> Deleted, which works temporarily.
Unfortunately the setting is not remembered when I log out and come back.

Is there something else I can do to get the marked-as-deleted messages
that were deleted in Thunderbird out of my webmail Inbox?

--
Helen Read
Senior Lecturer