FYI. --Geoff

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 12:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: NERCOMP - WTL Gender-specific Barriers in the Workplace - May 9

Dear Friends,
Registration is now open for NERCOMP's upcoming workshop:
" Women, Technology and Leadership: Transcending Gender-specific Barriers in the Information Workplace

DATE:
Wednesday, May 9, 2012

TIME:
9:00 - 3:00 (Coffee and Registration start at 7:30)

PRICE:
NERCOMP Members: $130, Non-Members: $260
Your fee includes unlimited am and pm break service and lunch
Be sure to login to receive member prices.

LOCATION:
Four Points Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center
Norwood, MA.

The question is often asked, 'It’s 2012, does gender really matter anymore?' This WTL SIG, led by Dr. Eileen Trauth, will delve into her contemporary research on women's experiences in the IT profession. She will talk about how our socially constructed roles and individual characteristics intersect with culture (social and organizational) and time to influence women’s experiences in organizations. Participants will be asked to analyze their own experiences through this lens; via lecture and interactive discussion they will walk away with a deeper understanding of what factors affect their (and everyone’s!) experiences and how to use them most productively.

For a full schedule and registration information, please go to:
http://www.nercomp.org/index.php?section=events&evtid=138

We would be grateful if you would pass this announcement on to friends and colleagues who might find it of interest.

To view other SIGs events, click here: http://www.nercomp.org/index.php?section=events

We have launched a new site with great new features and more coming soon. We appreciate hearing your feedback. www.nercomp.org

Members be sure to login to receive member prices on event registration.

Thank you very much. We hope to see you on May 9th.

Sincerely,
Lisa DiMauro
NERCOMP