Hi Helen,

Remember, it's an INBOX quota only; there is no quota on other folders.  The INBOX quota is essentially there to encourage users to maintain their mailboxes, so that we don't have to keep buying the (rather expensive) storage required for it.  I'm sure you knew this already, but I'm re-stating it for other readers.

The back-end IMAP servers are currently being upgraded to new versions of hardware and software, but because it is a concurrent upgrade, with the primary goal being no noticeable downtime, it is slow going.  Once that upgrade is complete, and we have some performance measurements, we'll be able to plan for an INBOX quota increase.  The trade-off is INBOX size versus fast disk storage costs and perceived performance.  I'll bet you have experienced the poor performance of having a 2GB Trash folder.

Every couple of years we increase the INBOX quota.  The last one was in June 2010 when we went from 50MB to 100MB, so we're due for one before very long.

Jim