The last time this happened, Symantec said that there was no such
"memo".  The developer seeds provided by Apple did not contain the EFI
changes that were eventually released to the public.  However, in this
case, the KB article is dated Dec 31, which means that Symantec must
have known about this.

FYI, I experience the same problem with the 10.7.3 update (MBP that
won't boot), but the recovery CD fix detailed below seems to have
resolved the problem.

Jim