With the BYOD initiatives, Chromebooks and tablets the concept of no server
is a much more manageable solution then trying to give access to these
resources.  Breaking away from Active Directory and networked resources
made my 1:1 netbooks implementation much easier (and cheaper because I can
get away with Windows home)

As for admin access.  If a student gets caught "hacking" the system it is
a disciplinary problem.   If we want to stop junkware and stuff then having
a good cloning solution or deepfreeze solution would out.   We should give
them all the access they need to be productive.   This past week I had
student install a conversion tool on a lab computer they were using because
we needed it for a project.  Admin access doesn't always mean malicious and
junk, it could provide productivity and creativity.

*Bjorn Behrendt ~ Never Stop Learning*
*   [log in to unmask] | (802) 772-0003*
*
   Services: Webdesign, Consulting, Training via WebEx
*
*   Follow me: Google+ <https://plus.google.com/108865324810272946151/posts>
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/AskBjnet-Never-Stop-Learning/156186407768856>|
Android App <http://bit.ly/tez2pI> | Chrome
App<http://appdownload.conduit.com/?appid=d6ab936e-274f-42f4-bf56-4b4a531c35ac&download=true>
 | Newsletter <http://www.askbj.net/services/news-sign-up-form>*
*My Sites*
 ~ Google-Weekly.net <http://google-weekly.net/> ~ Podcast ~Episode 14 ~
Back to Basics and TOS  <http://bit.ly/wxcE4h> (1/31/2012)
 ~ AskBj.net ~ Online Training and Ed Tech Resources ~ Jan 2012
Newsletter<http://bit.ly/s0RXB5>

*Join me:* Feb 6th at 3:15est for the first GWPodcast Google Hangout: More
Info <http://www.google-weekly.net/p/eduvt-hangout.html>