Been here before: email delivery seemed to suit the majority, agreed about
"diluting" the discussion by segregating the community. 396 users is a
large rock to move!

Willing to move to other tools, but to what end and for what benefit? If it
ain't broke...

*Eric Hall
Technology Coordinator*
*Waterbury/Duxbury School District*
*Washington West SU*

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Gregory Connors <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> It occurred to me the other day, while I had 35 Chrome tabs open trying to
> gather info posted to School IT, that the format is dated and annoying.
>
> Perhaps I am the only one that feels this way and everyone is comfortable
> with
> this familiar "pair of slippers", but I thought that since there are many
> Google
> Apps for Education districts out there, we can start a Google Group and see
> where that goes .... at least the search will be better ... we can chat
> with
> each other, more easily share ... thought I would test the water with this
> idea.
>
> Opinions?
>
> https://groups.google.com/group/school-it-vermont
>
> Even though I started it this morning using my RCSU.org account, we can
> have
> multiple Admins to the group across all of our districts in the state
> obviously ...
> working together we can build content fairly quickly.
>
> Anyone interested in being a manager or merely a member, sign up and send
> me
> a message!
>
> The Listserve IS will continue to BE a valuable resource of course,
> especially
> for official communications and notices, and I am certainly not trying to
> mess
> with that!
>
> It is simply my own personal style that I have to think fast, research
> fast, and implement fast and Google seems like a good bet to foster
> communication going
> forward.
>
> Best,
>
> Greg
>
> Gregory Connors
> Director of Information Technology
> Rutland Central Supervisory Union
> 257 South Main Street
> Rutland, VT 05701
> 802.775.4342 x 110 - Office
> 802.733.4190 - Mobile

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the message.