Brad
Thanks for this timely message.  Just so happened that I had students who
needed to do this today.  They recorded an audio track using other programs
on the ipad (Audio Boo)  and (iTalk) and sure enough wanted to add this
into an IMOVIE.
So far we have been untethered to a computer with these ipads.  I looked
and looked and surfed and surfed and have found nothing but frustration
that this can not be done!
It seems that going from GarageBand to Imovie should be seamless.
If anyone else stumbles across a work around,  please please share!
Thanks Brad for your post.

Delusionally optimistic that there is a way (or will be soon)

Lucie

--
Lucie deLaBruere
www.LearningWithLucie.com