This blog has hit it on the head for me.  I love Kim's blog, it is a great
tech resource, but this week her post hit home.  I have been debating on
going to Dynamic Landcapes for the past few weeks for these very reasons.
And today  listserv brought it all up again for me.  I know we are doing
something great in our little school, in fact schools as far away as
California have come to see how we are doing things.   This is a good read
I just copied 1 paragraph:

http://ilearntechnology.com/?p=4501
"What bummed me out about this conference was the number of excuses I heard
about why something would/could never work in their situation.  What I
really saw: fear.  I refuse to believe there is nothing to be done.  I
refuse to believe that we canít do better for kids now.  I refuse to
believe that there is no wiggle room around all of the constraints we think
we have.  I refuse to accept it.  I know it can be different.  And if it
canít, my next question is: why would you accept that?  If you truly want
what is best for kids (and I know you do), why would you continue down the
path of canít?  Stand up. Fight. Start over. Do something.  The excuses
will get us all nowhere.  The excuses hurt the kids who donít have time to
sit and wait for us to get it right.  I know some will say that it is
different for us because we decide what our school looks like. We started
the school.  It wasnít hard. Everyone could do it if they were willing to
be a little bit afraid-- "

Amanda Bickford
Network Admin / Technology Teacher

MEMS