yes patricia

we want it all and we want it soon

my thinking has been very much all of the things you describe
and also the system has to be

flexible enough for individual learning styles and paths to the learning goals and outcomes
customizable for student centered learning such as project-based learning, design-based learning and challenge-based real world solution learning
broad enough in scope to include the 21st century skills - like creativity, innovation, problem-solving, analytical thinking, digital citizenship, collaboration
and to include qualitative measures like student engagement, cooperative learning, helping others, leadership, etc

an open flexible badge system can work well to define and measure these - including allowing students to work with teachers to design new badges

and the real-time analytics should run seamlessly behind the scenes with minimal additional input to capture how the learning is happening, what progress is being made and inform students, teachers and parents when students need help or additional instruction, etc

this complete system may not be quite ready for this coming plan, but we do need the foundations, infrastructure, pedagogical changes, technology and shifts in responsibility for learning to begin now

let's talk more
gr