Eric, Mike meant FULL VERSION in terms of FULLY LICENSED COPY as opposed to UPGRADE LICENSED COPY.

Full boxed copy is $250
Upgrade boxed copy is $160

The license that ASAP sells is upgrade, that is, to move from XP/Vista to win7

The ASAP upgrade licensing does not (unless someone can show me im wrong, email in to Patrick) cover installation on a new machine.

That is, you cant use it to buy parts and build a new machine, nor to install on a mac.

In both cases above, assuming you did not previously own a $250 FULLY LICENSED copy of XP/V license to upgrade from.

Nor am I saying it wont actually work, I am just looking for feedback on the licensing aspects.

I am also not talking about using the VLA copy to REBUILD a machine that has a valid OEM COA.