We are not currently using them but we have been considering getting
Chromebook carts due to cost, ease of management and our current use of
Google Apps. They run on a Linux base and are fairly snappy. for most uses. I
would not recommend them for an environment that may be working on projects
that include a lot of media, like video editing, photo editing or music creation.
For things like web research, document creation and collaboration, they are quite
wonderful. I'm also interested to see if anyone has Linux carts and what their
experience has been.