From what I understand about the MS upgrade license is that the computers
you purchase need to at least come with a version of windows on it or else
you technically need to purchase a full upgrade.   This means if you
purchase linux netbooks the upgrade license does not apply, but if you get
windows starter on it then the upgrade will work.

So to be legal if you have their VLA or subscription you still need to
purchase machines that come with at least Windows Starter.  But the
installation media and S/N you get will work on a computer without an O/S.

All Microsoft media can easily be downloaded from the e-open site.

*Bjorn Behrendt ~ Never Stop Learning*
*   [log in to unmask] | (802) 772-0003*
*
   Services: Webdesign, Consulting, Training via WebEx
*
*   Follow me: Google+ <https://plus.google.com/108865324810272946151/posts>
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/AskBjnet-Never-Stop-Learning/156186407768856>|
Android App <http://bit.ly/tez2pI> | Chrome
App<http://appdownload.conduit.com/?appid=d6ab936e-274f-42f4-bf56-4b4a531c35ac&download=true>
 | Newsletter <http://www.askbj.net/services/news-sign-up-form>*
*My Sites*
 ~ Google-Weekly.net <http://google-weekly.net/> ~ Podcast ~ Episode 18 ~
Making Google Apps FERPA compliant with CloudLock <http://bit.ly/ydbTrq>
 (2/27/2012)
 ~ AskBj.net ~ Online Training and Ed Tech Resources

*Join me in person: *March 10 2012 ~ http://1to1summit.wordpress.com/