Thought I would jump in after watching the dialogue ----

New Learning Theories???  The first thing that I would do is to have every teacher read Computers as Mindtoolsin Schools: Engaging Critical Thinking by David H. Jonassen. Then I would design professional development sequences that would involve teachers/administrators/parents in actvities that illustrate the theories of:

Piaget
Papert
Gardner
Bruner
Vygotsky
Bloom
Gagne

I would then design in-class professional development. Conferences are great but they don't help change schools.

Peace

Frank