Of course not, but at the big state schools it is either part-time faculty
or graduate students. I teach at a technical college and we have gone from
70% full-time faculty and 30% part-time 25 years ago to the reverse ratio
today. However, the majority of our classes are still taught by full-timers
(with job security and benefits) because their standard load is 5 classes
per semester, and many teach overload classes as well. --P.