From:  Donna Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:  Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:18:59 -0500
To:  <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  Re: introduction

Hi Larry,

I just found their website the other day - it's at
http://www.dcmetrosftp.org/.  Don't know anything else...

>>> Larry Romsted <[log in to unmask]> 2/9/2012 3:59 PM >>>
Welcome Donna!

The air quality lab project sounds great. What DC metro chapter?  What are
they doing?

Larry Romsted
Dept Chem & Chem Bio
Rutgers University

From: Donna Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 06:50:36 -0500
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: introduction

Hi all,

I am an engineering professor and a member of the Engineering, Social
Justice, and Peace network (esjp.org).  I have long been interested in
democratizing science, and am currently working with a chemist on campus to
set up a community oriented if not wholly community-based air quality lab in
my area.

I have also been fascinated for years with the organization Science for the
People that existed in the 1960s-1980s and has had a resurgence of late with
a DC metro chapter, etc. It appears this list is unrelated, although may
have some common cause with the goals of that group.

Looking forward to taking part in the conversation here!

Donna

Donna M. Riley, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Picker Engineering Program