From: Kamran Nayeri <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 17:55:03 -0800
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: "Thrive"

It depends how "active" we want to be. I think it is quite appropriate to have "letter to the editor" and Op-Ed page campaigns to take positions on things generally agreed upon by member of this list. We can do this by developing sub-committees that focus on particular aspects of science and would be given some latitude to issue public statements about policy issues.  Kamran