I just harp at them about Medline being a subset of PubMed, so if they search PubMed, they might get more results for their efforts.

Mary A. Hanson, M.S.L.
Saint Mary's Health Sciences Library
200 Jefferson SE
Grand Rapids, MI  49503

voice:  616-685-6260
fax:  616-685-6419>>> Patti Reynolds <[log in to unmask]> 02/29/2012 10:05 AM >>>

I have a question for you all this morning.....a doctor asked me if an
article is epublished (whether epub ahead of print or corrected proof)
will it come out in print eventually.

Also my problem of the day is this....I know the difference between
Medline and PubMed. However, I am constantly trying to explain the
difference to nurses, nursing students, physicians and just about
everyone else. I wish we could settle on one name.  Clinical Key, OVIDMD
and all the other separate databases refer to Medline. Nursing
instructors tell their students to search Medline and then they get
confused when I teach them how to find their full text articles in
PubMed.

Frustrating.

Patricia Reynolds

Director, Bishopric Medical Library