I'm an EDU 20 fan, part of this stems from their student centered privacy
policies.  Edmoto while pretty powerful has "big privacy issues" (they
collect and share everything).   So my thought would be to include "privacy
as part of the comparison.  Very interested in the results.

Jon

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Matt Henchen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> That is a great suggestion.  We are still working on the comparison
> criteria and then we were planning on using an open wiki to solicit
> feedback from anybody who has experience with these various LMS's.  A
> google form may be more manageable, however.
>
> We are also trying to narrow our focus down to just 2 or 3 of the best of
> the best.  Right now we have Haiku, Edu20.org, Schoology, Canvas, Edmodo,
> Sakai, OpenCourse and a few others floating around.
>
> Which leads me to my question for you all?  In your opinion, what are the
> top 3 LMS's that exist right now?
>
> Thanks all,
>

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Keith Nemlich <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Matt -
>>
>> Might suggest that you and Susan create a google form with your LMS
>> questions, then have folks sign up to provide responses for a particular
>> LMS. A divide and conquer approach. If you try to create a form that mostly
>> multiple-choice, the resulting matrix could be quickly created and highly
>> useful. Just a thought. I'm thinking about having students do this with web
>> 2.0 tools.
>>
>> Keith Nemlich
>> Technology Coordinator
>> Manchester Elementary Middle School
>> 80 Memorial Avenue
>> Manchester Center, VT 05255
>>
>> 802-362-1597  ext. 1003
>> cell - 802-779-6487
>> tech@ <http://goog_1082480770/>mems.mojohelpdesk.com
>>

>> ____________________________________
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
>> for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
>> and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
>> distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
>> contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy/delete all copies of the

Technology Educator
The St. Johnsbury Elementary School www.stjsd.org
257 Western Ave - St. Johnsbury, VT 05819
802-748-8912 Fax: 802-748-1095

Vermont's Internet Safety Project  www.Vtisp.org <http://www.vtisp.org/>