Quoting Matt Henchen <[log in to unmask]>:

> Thanks for the suggestions.  Blackboard was not included due to the cost of
> the system and the perception that is is more of a higher ed solution than
> a k-12 solution.

While I shudder at the thought of Bb in the lower grades, it has been
adopted by districts at the middle and high school level.

"Cost" of course is really an issue of institutional structures ... a
statewide implementation, hosted by VSC, for example, might have
several advantages curriculum wise over the "every tub on it's own
bottom" model we're used to ..

- steve