We are using Teacher Dashboard http://hapara.com/teacher-dashboard-for-google-apps

in our middle school, it costs $3 per student and is a great way to access/manage student documents, you can establish your own categories, it provided quick dashboard view of all of your students docs, mail, sharing, and lets teachers change passwords. It is not an archive…so if a student trashes and empties the trash it’s gone.

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eric Hall
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: deleted gmail

We are paying $11/yr for 10-year archiving. We are doing this for staff and not for students, assuming that the "trail" will be available in either the sender's or receiver's accounts. Our student email (gr. 5-8) is internal only at this point.

Question for Elizabeth: What is the add-on you are using for Teacher access to student content? Teacher's Workplace or something like that? Does that provide any archiving?

Eric Hall
Technology Coordinator

Waterbury/Duxbury School District
Washington West SU