Is this Google Groups or Google Groups for Business?  Google Groups for Business is the core service, but Google Groups is a non-core service and some schools do not allow the non-core services.

That could explain part of your problem?

Mike

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Steve Ligett
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Joining Google Groups

Hi - The librarian at our school wants to join the google group here:

http://groups.google.com/group/libraryworld-vt?hl=en

But when signed into our school domain, we can't get there, join, etc. What am I not understanding? (Well, there's a lot I don't understand, but what about Google Groups don't I understand?)

thanks,
steve

dangerous content by MailScanner and ClamAV, and is
believed to be clean.