How often does everyone sync their iPads on the cart?  I'm guessing that we shouldn't need to sync very often so a single computer can manage multiple carts easily?

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bob Wickberg
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ipad cart

Apparently Bretford has three different carts.  All of them are available
from Apple.  Only the high end one, which lists for $2599, supports
syncing.  I haven't found anything that seems a better bargain if you want
a mobile cart that syncs and charges 30 ipads at once.  If anyone does,
I'd love to hear about it.

Bob Wickberg
Technology Coordinator
802-451-3418

>Hello,
>
>We have a Bretford cart for 20 ipads which I thought would sync all 20
>ipads, it does not.  It does a great job of storing and charging and was
>delivered fully assembled (custodians loved this).
>
>As I am very happy with the cart, I would still recommend spending the
>extra money to get a one that syncs as it is very time consuming to
>manually do this with numerous ipads.
>
>Bonnie L Gadapee
>Technology Teacher/Coordinator/Coach
>Lyndon Town School
>802.626.3209 ext 208
>

>On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Logan Cooke <[
>mailto:[log in to unmask] ][log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>Jean-
>We are also in the market for an iPad cart. You really feel that the
>steep asking price is worth it? How snuggly do the iPads fit into the
>cart? Does the sync feature work well with 20 iPads?
>

>Also I am curious if you have used  the new Apple Configurator app. It
>looks like it streamlines a lot of things.
>

>Thanks,
>Logan Cooke
>Tech Coordinator | The Warren School
>[ mailto:[log in to unmask] ][log in to unmask]
>

>On Mar 14, 2012, at 9:53 AM, Jean Campbell wrote:
>

>We use the Bretford cart for IPads.  It is made very well/durable and
>syncs with a macbook.  It was a bit pricey and totally worth it.

dangerous content by MailScanner and ClamAV, and is
believed to be clean.