Speaking of Google Glitches, has anyone else had issues with delivery to groups since March 6? I have filed a case with them and been "escalated," which I interpret as "we're not sure either"

Symptoms: some (but not all) group members do not get messages delivered. Occasional delayed messages for those users, all messages show up on groups page and most people DO get them. Have not been able to establish a pattern, but no recent account or groups changes on our end: it just stopped working.

On Mar 14, 2012, at 1:49 PM, "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I applied for membership a while back (because it was getting quiet on this list) and it still says I'm not a member... So either the person is not approving or google is glitching (again).  I'm happy with the School-it-list.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Elizabeth McCarthy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Who ever created the group made it so that people have to be approved before they can become a member, when I click on the link there is then an option to click on a link to “apply for membership”. Google Groups let you create groups that are private, public or invited members only.

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Steve Ligett
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Joining Google Groups

Hi - The librarian at our school wants to join the google group here:

http://groups.google.com/group/libraryworld-vt?hl=en

But when signed into our school domain, we can't get there, join, etc. What am I not understanding? (Well, there's a lot I don't understand, but what about Google Groups don't I understand?)

thanks,
steve

--

Technology Educator
The St. Johnsbury Elementary School www.stjsd.org

Vermont's Internet Safety Project  www.Vtisp.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the message.