This is interesting.
I was wondering if anyone has ever done one on what type of contract tech staff are put into? Teacher? Support Staff? Separate entity?
Cathy

From: Matt Henchen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 1:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCHOOL-IT] Technology Personnel

Sharon,
I know of two that have been done this year.

I sent out the first one (copied below)

"Greetings Fellow Techies,

I'm not sure if this has been done before, but we are looking for data that can help us determine what the appropriate level of support for technology use in our schools might look like.  We were hoping that you would be willing to share some basic information about the level of technology and tech support in your school/district.  Please take a moment to fill out the following Tech Support Survey<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dElrUktXVnFGYlBKU3F3b0dyUmJIYmc6MQ>.  The results can be used by all of us to start a larger discussion on appropriate staffing and technology infrastructure required to meet the needs of 21st century education.

The survey results will be available to all at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmPk95_6yXPIdElrUktXVnFGYlBKU3F3b0dyUmJIYmc.

Thank you for your time."

And Steve Webster sent out the second (again, copied below)

"Hi, all,

I know we've all answered some of these questions in the past, but would you please complete this quick, 7-question survey?
     https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFRyN2I0RllDNXd1cjVETG1rcllEWnc6MQ

Click here to view the results.
     Raw Data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aoiv_xyI0VcwdFRyN2I0RllDNXd1cjVETG1rcllEWnc

Thanks very much,