Terrific.  Look forward to it.  Will this be a Dynamic Landscapes session?

Luis

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Matt Henchen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Luis,
At first glance, I would say there are better alternatives such as Canvas, Haiku, Edu20, or Schoology.  It looks like Chamilo is built on a Drupal framework, which means it is a Drupal CMS trying to become an LMS, rather than being built from the ground up as an LMS (I think Schoology might be in that category as well).

I am working with Susan Hennessey (currently with the Tarrant Institute for Innovative Education at UVM) to create a comparison matrix of the the best LMS systems available today.  We will be sharing our work with educators throughout Vermont as we progress, so be on the lookout for the LMS Showdown!

--
Matt Henchen
Social Studies Teacher, Technology Integrationist

Scan here for my contact information...

--
Luis Bango

Technology Integration Teacher / VHS Site Coordinator
Woodstock Union High School
Woodstock, Vermont
(802)457-1317 x198