Self-hosted or Cloud-hosted?  That is certainly a major factor to consider as there are advantages to both.  Personally, I prefer a cloud-hosted solution since I find them much easier to maintain and much more reliable than self-hosted sites...

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Elizabeth McCarthy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Yes, most web hosts now allow you to install CMS (Joomla, WP, etc...)  and Moodle for no additional cost. I've recently created a Moodle 2.0 as a sandbox for one of our science teachers to see if it fits her needs for AP Bio.

Elizabeth McCarthy

From: School Information Technology Discussion [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Luis Bango [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 2:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: What are the top three LMS's?

We're using Hostmonster.com to host our Joomla site and they've got a great, easy Moodle install and hosting that would live in our web root directory.
I'm interested in exploring it as well.
http://www.wuhsms.org/moodle

Luis

--
Luis Bango

Technology Integration Teacher / VHS Site Coordinator
Woodstock Union High School
Woodstock, Vermont
(802)457-1317 x198