I wish the article had also mentioned these two films:

The Finland Phenomenon
In the 60-minute film, Dr. Wagner guides the viewer through an inside
look at the world’s finest secondary education system. A life-long
educator and author of the best-selling book"The Global Achievement
Gap," Dr. Wagner is uniquely qualified to explore and explain
Finland’s success. From within classrooms and through interviews with
students, teachers, parents, administrators and government officials,
Dr. Wagner reveals the surprising factors accounting for Finland’s
rank as the #1 education system in the world.

2 Million Minutes: A Global Examination
Regardless of nationality, as soon as a student completes the 8th
grade, the clock starts ticking. From that very moment the child has
approximately - …Two Million Minutes until high school graduation…Two
Million Minutes to build their intellectual foundation…Two Million
Minutes to prepare for college and ultimately career…Two Million
Minutes to go from a teenager to an adult.  How a student spends their
Two Million Minutes - in class, at home studying, playing sports,
working, sleeping, socializing or just goofing off -- will affect
their economic prospects for the rest of their lives.  How do most
American high school students spend this time? What about students in
the rest of the world? How do family, friends and society influence a
student's choices for time allocation? What implications do their
choices have on their future and on a country's economic future? This
film takes a deeper look at how the three superpowers of the 21st
Century - China, India and the United States - are preparing their
students for the future.  As we follow two students - a boy and a girl
- from each of these countries, we compose a global snapshot of
education, from the viewpoint of kids preparing for their future. Our
goal is to tell the broader story of the universal importance of
education today, and address what many are calling a crisis for U.S.
schools regarding chronically low scores in math and science indicators.

http://www.2mminutes.com/products/pc/viewPrd.asp?idProduct=22

I think these two films are more nuanced and less 'look - the answer
is obvious'  than Waiting for Superman or Race to Nowhere.

Bryant