Dear Alfred Snider,

We set the payment date based on a number of large financial obligations
that we have to meet. The date is not arbitrary, but reflects real facts on
the ground. Unfortunately, we have not found a way to postpone the payment
of the registration fees and do not believe there is a fair way to provide
for systemic exceptions to the payment deadline.

It is not unreasonable to believe that there are students from other parts
of the world who have to pay for the WUDC out-of-pocket and simply do not
have the cash on hand to do so. Any number of plausible reasons to delay
payment could probably be brought forth by a significant number of WUDC
participants. While it is impossible for us to serve as arbiter of intent
and desire on a large scale, we hope to be able to foster diversity by
offering a limited number of subsidized places to debaters who were unable
to register and/or make the deposit payment due to hardship.

We hope you can find some way to work out timely payment with your
institution and/or with the WUDC participants and look forward to your
registration.

Best,

*John Eltringham and Dessislava Kirova*

Heads of Participant Affairs / Leitung Teilnehmerangelegenheiten

WUDC Berlin 2013