Bill Johnson, Port Townsend, WA

You might also be interested in this;

Lal BK, Hobson RW 2nd, Tofighi B, et al.  Duplex ultrasound velocity criteria for the stented carotid artery. J Vasc Surg. 2008 Jan;47(1):63-73.

Which is free in PubMed Central.   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722571/?tool=pubmed

I admit I was somewhat horrified when I learned some folks wanted to put metal thingys in carotids.  However it seems to be trending, and we need to understand how best to care for the folks that have them.  I do not think it is a bad thing necessarily, but I remain leery.

There is more out there, contact me - offline please - if you need more information.