Mine was repeatedly but, not for super long. Perhaps I can try today for a recording if it is still around. It has gotten cooler already though today.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ian A. Worley<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 7:10 AM
  Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] “Impossible” Pewee

  Considering that Pewees are typically our very last arrivals, it
  certainly would be extraordinarily exceptional, I would think.  I
  checked eBird this morning and thus far this year in all of the U.S.
  there are only four reports, and only one has a description (very
  brief); none has a photograph or mention a recording of the song.  They
  are in Texas, Mississippi (heard only), and Florida (2).  And without
  some research we don't know how reliable these reports are.

  As others have commented, certainly any "simply NOT possible" kind of
  observation needs superb documentation --- at least a good photograph
  and a very well detailed description.  In this case a recording of the
  song would be very valuable to add to a photograph.

  I agree that Pewees have a very distinctive, though brief, song.  It
  helps if it is heard repeatedly over a long period of time.  I know that
  I've, and other folks I've been with, briefly heard a Pewee song at
  various times of the year that have turned out to be some other species
  .... usually a Starling, Chickadee or even a Cowbird.   Hopefully some
  folks who are hearing this song can get high quality looks, photographs,
  etc. of the songster.

  Check out this link (the dates run across the bottom of the animation),
  and note the comments about early reports.  If you haven't seen these
  migratory map animations created from eBird data before, they are really
  remarkable.

  http://ebird.org/content/ebird/about/occurrence-maps/eastern-wood-pewee<http://ebird.org/content/ebird/about/occurrence-maps/eastern-wood-pewee>

  Ian