I would start here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002834/   is a list of the
three organizations recommended by the NIH.

http://www.cancer.org/ with the American Cancer Society

http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/index#cancerListView   goes into various types
of cancer

In my personal experience, this is a reliable site for rare disorders of
all kinds. Due to the unusual nature of some of these medical conditions,
there is a higher risk of misinformation, but you have to start somewhere:

http://www.rarediseases.org/

They do have a very reliable Medical Advisory Committee. The risk lies with
the small number of people affected, so comprehensive research is difficult
to do.

http://www.rarediseases.org/about/medical-advisory-committee

Ginny Ward