From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Penny Martin
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 1:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Question and Frustrations / pre-historic Pubmed, etc.

Not to mention the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth, the closest
thing to "Medline" was the multiple annual volumes of Index Medicus,
which came dark red, blue and green flavors ... supplemented (by the
well off libraries) with proof sheets from Current Contents and the key
word in context volumes of "Science Citation Index"

My how things have changed (and ain't it wonderful ...)
~~ Penny Martin

Penny Martin, BA, MSLS
Medical Librarian
Clinical Information Center
Dimensions Healthcare System
Prince George's Hospital Center
3001 Hospital Drive
Cheverly  MD  20785
VOICE: (301) 618-2490
FAX:     (301) 618-2493
E-MAIL: [log in to unmask]

>>> hanksell  03/01/12 1:46 PM >>>
I'm a much older dog (there are still a few of us around), as I was at
NLM training just a little while before the database became available to
libraries (1970).  I still refer to the database as Medline.