At 09:10 AM 3/7/2012, S H wrote:

>ok, I misspoke...the SLC locals dont' ski at The Canyons...yes PC
>locals do, but there are far fewer than SLC altogether. I bet that
>every PC local with a Canyons pass was there. It's all relative
>
>check this
>out:
><http://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10101>http://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10101

I was there, too. It was hardly a powder day - but certainly tons of
new snow in a lean year plus stellar clear skies brought out pretty
much everyone. The main reason for the long lines at Collins and
Wildcat mid-morning wasn't the crowding but the mechanical issues
Collins was having.

And yes, a lot of SLC locals do indeed ski in PC, including Canyons.
Recall that there is a significant number of snow sliding enthusiasts
who are unable to go to Alta.

>and I also misspoke re: cottonwoods. I meant that the tree skiing in
>the Cottonwoods is not very expansive...the tree skiing at The
>Canyons and PowMow are much better than the Cottonwoods.

Yep.

-m1