Well, on a powder morning, you won't find many locals at The
Canyons...unless they work there and it is their day off. It's a really
nice place for fresh snow all day since it is so expansive and is never
really crowded (at least from my experience). In the meantime, at Alta the
SLC skiers and their guests had the place tracked up pretty quick...unless
you know the secret places where people don't often go.

I think the Canyons has some of the best and most variety of "tree skiing"
in the Cottonwood Canyons. Powder Mountain is probably next. But at neither
of those places will you find the steeps of Snowbird and the dramatic
terrain of Alta. I don't know many people to go to Utah and do not ski at
either Snowbird and/or Alta (at least one day).