It appears that the "Don't Display Last User Name" registry setting was applied in the base image used for Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-bit deployments.  32-bit and personal system deployment images were not affected.  I do not know how this setting crept into the base configuration, and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

If you need to disable this behavior on any of the systems you support, open the Control Panel, search for "admin", select "Administrative Tools", then open the "Local Security Policy" tool.  Navigate to "Local Policies, Security Options", then find the policy "Interactive logon: Do not display last user name", and set it to "disabled".

Alternatively, you can use "regedit.exe", and navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
Then located the DWORD named "dontdisplaylastusername", and set it to "0", then reboot your computer.

-J. Greg Mackinnon | ETS Systems Architecture and Administration | x68251