Hi-

Several of my clients have noticed that, as of the last update to Thunderbird 11.0.1, a very small attachment is generated when they forward messages originally created via formmail.pl

They do this all the time because of the many forms published by the registrar using the formmail.pl script

Anyone have any idea why this started happening?  It doesn't have anything to do with the inline versus as attachment settings in Thunderbird because those are set to "inline" in all cases.

Plus I've replicated this problem using my own installs of Thunderbird.

Admittedly this is a minor issue.  However, it generates a great deal of wasted people hours because, since these are student record related messages, Registrar staff must then check back with Dean's Office staff to make sure that the attachment wasn't meaningful information.

Andrew Hendrickson
CAS IT Administrator
UVM, College of Arts & Sciences
438 College Street #402