I have had a similar problem with one of my batteries in the past, but
after a couple of months of it's purchase. They chalked it up to something
wrong with the Battery's chip that registers the levels in it. Will the lap
top work with another battery? if so the student got a lemon.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Raymond Ballou <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I have a student who brought in a macbook that has a new battery that isnt
> being recognized or charged.
>
> The charge indicator lights on the batt are blank.
>
> suggestions?
>
> I have tried reseating and resetting the battery (shut off, pull ac, take
> batt
> out, hold power button for 5s, reinsert)
>
> but to no avail

Michael Dumont II*
*Education Media Design & Technology Coordinator*

"It's only after you've lost everything,
that you're free to do anything"*
Chuck Palahniuk