Date: Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: email discovery
Cc: Google Apps K12 Technical Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Regardless of having a backup/archive solution Google already keeps everything starting from account creation (including deleted content).  Through the audit API you can request an export of it.  Archiving products just make it far easier to access are analyze.

http://code.google.com/p/google-apps-manager/wiki/ExamplesAccountAuditing#User_Mailbox_Exports

---