Teaching and Learning in Virtual Worlds, a one credit graduate course
through the Marlboro College Graduate School, begins May 5.

This fully on-line course will give you a chance to dip your toes or take a
full dive into a variety of 3D social virtual worlds and games. We will
examine research and theory about immersive environments, games,
simulations and their pedagogical implications.  We’ll consider the social,
interpersonal, cultural, instructional, and technical implications of
virtual worlds, and experiment with developing instructional experiences
within them.

The course will occur within a combination of virtual learning environments
including Moodle, Second Life and World of Warcraft. You will learn to
navigate within these virtual worlds by creating an avatar (digital
representation of self), communicating with others, moving and using the
map, creating and using educational tools, and meeting with other educators
in the virtual world.

In addition to the aysynchronous activities that you might expect in an
online course, this course will offer a variety of synchronous events. We
will attempt to schedule these events to accommodate participants and
summer demands.

For registration contact the director of graduate admissions, Joe Heslin,
at (888) 258-5665 x209, or [log in to unmask]
For information about the learning experience contact me, [log in to unmask]

Jane

--
Jane Wilde
Geek, learner, teacher, trainer