Yours is a situation where I think we need to hold teachers accountable to be professional and responsible.  I don't know of a way to do it and frankly I don't think it is a situation where technology should be involved.

At MSJ I chose not to do the resource calendar but have a standard shared calendar.  We came up with the procedure, that all events will be entered in as all day events and titled "per, teacher, number needed).   Then I have teachers look at the month view, and we have very little overlap problems.

Bjorn Behrendt ~ Never Stop Learning
   [log in to unmask] | (802) 772-0003
   Services: Webdesign, Consulting, Training
   Follow me: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Android App | Chrome App | Newsletter
   If my advice has helped you please consider donating to the podcast
My Sites
 Google-Weekly.net ~ Podcast ~ 26: Google Sites with Julie Sharma (4/23/2012)

Google's Free Edu On-Air Conference May 2nd: My presentations