It is not one of the core apps, but it is one of the services you can turn access on/off to in the dashboard.

Inline image 1

Bjorn Behrendt ~ Never Stop Learning
   [log in to unmask] | (802) 772-0003
   Services: Webdesign, Consulting, Training
   Follow me: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Android App | Chrome App | Newsletter
   If my advice has helped you please consider donating to the podcast
My Sites
 Google-Weekly.net ~ Podcast ~ 26: Google Sites with Julie Sharma (4/23/2012)

Google's Free Edu On-Air Conference May 2nd: My presentations