http://raganwald.posterous.com/i-hereby-resign

This link is an interesting read from an employer's view (hiring). Basically he
talks about how being forced to check the fb page of potential employees only
makes things more difficult. It makes the company vulnerable to potential
lawsuits, not for invasion of privacy, but for potentially discriminating (willfully
or not) against candidates based on information gleaned from a fb page.

Had the administration actually been granted access to her facebook page and
was fired, they would possibly be looking at a lawsuit from the woman for
discrimination based on other information found on facebook which isn't an
employer's right to know. If she were a lesbian or other sexual orientation, that
could be used against the administration whether it was a factor to them or not.

It's really an interesting issue and I hope that it doesn't become the norm. We've
made it this long without facebook research, I don't see why it is necessary now.
At the most, I think access to a Linkedin account should be sufficient.