Rob, a couple questions...
Why are you not using Absolute with the grade 5 student's iPads?  Is it age restriction?  Jeff did say he thought Absolute and Casper both worked with iTune accts and the user agreement states age as 13.

After the initial setup, is your grade 5 deployment fairly hands-off for IT?  Do the teachers/students pretty much manage them?

Also, when you say that "that they are allowed to view student iPads"  I assume you mean physically walking over?  I have been asked if there is monitoring software available but really haven't found anything.  We don't use it much here, but we do have it on our computers so we can if we feel the need.

Our teachers who went to see iPads in use at Enosburg (thanks so much!) did emphasize with administration how critical PD was for a successful program.  Let's hope this didn't fall on deaf ears!

Thanks!