My old Canon Elph bit the dust and after my fall on my SX10 (took into the
ribs) in Feb I decided it's time for a new compact camera. Been using my
Iphone for pix lately, and as you can see, they just aren't that great. So
now I'm ready to buy a decent compact camera, though I don't see spending
over $400.

I'm more inclined to get something like the Cannon Powershot sx260
http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/compacts/canon_sx260hs It is more in
my price range (under $300) and is slim and small, which is important,
since I already have a big chunky camera with 20x optical zoom for when a
compact camera is not necessary and I want the quality of the bigger lens
when zoomed in on distant subjects such as wildlife.
-Sh