ahhh. haha. Yeah, it's been a hard year in Summit too, but Greg, a ~200
inch yeah in CO is a lot better than the same or similar snowfall here. CO
mountains don't get thaws mid-winter, it never, ever rains between November
and April, not even a little. The snow they got in November is still there.
Sunbaked and rotted, sure, but it's still there and still skiable. Trust
me, their "bad year" has been A LOT better than ours.

That said, I do love that Vermont is prone to 2-3 storms a year on average
that drop 3+ feet at once, where in Summit County that happens 0-1 times
per year. They get a more even, consistent chain of 6-12 inchers all year
long(with occasional bigger drops) and none of it ever melts until
spring.... so, make your own judgement on that.

And Matt K, I'm curious, do tell more about your Montezuma visit... how are
things looking there? Particularly, the in-your-face face just to the right
of main street in the middle of town... That was my favorite thing to ski
there and often filled my living room window with memories while I sat on
my couch taking my boots off after countless solo runs...[image: Inline
image 1]